Wednesday 8 January 2003

Seen on the news tonight, a child (from Adelaide in case you're keeping score) trapped in a chimney trying to emulate Santa Claus. Politically correct Anti-Santa activists, this is the belated Xmas present I give to you - put a press release out on the evils of Santa now and maybe somebody will listen.

Actually I consider myself to be a bit of an Anti-Santa type (It's probably got something to do with cracking the rort open at an early age by finding the presents in the process of being wrapped and refusing to accept any explanation), because I always find it amusing how parents hammer a "don't lie" philosophy into their kids all the time but once a year spend a great deal of time and money lying themselves.

Am I a cynical bastard, or just somebody who should have posted this rant fifteen days ago? You decide!

No comments: