Friday 10 January 2003

A classic moment tonight. At the MCG watching Victoria choke against WA in their One Day match (we even missed Warne getting hammered for 26 off his first over), scanning the Public Notices in the Herald Sun we found an interesting one.

"Wish Sharna [or whatever the heck her name was] a happy birthday. Call (phone number)" So of course expecting it to be some massive code word for a drug operation I got the mobile out and SMS'ed her a 'Happy Birthday!' message.

10 minutes later the phone rang. It was the birthday girl herself, she was quite excited about the whole thing and invited me to her birthday party. Sadly I felt I had to decline as I'm convinced some radio station (probably Triple M, because that's the tragic kind of thing they'd do) running some kind of competition to see how many horny old men they can get to show up in one place at one time. A true comedy moment nonetheless. I might put an ad like that in the paper on my birthday and put the phone number of my closest ALP MP there instead.

Bob Stensholt, you have been warned.

No comments: