Wednesday 26 January 2005

Kountdown Korner update

Triple J Hottest 100 2004. Over. I barely listened to any of it as I frankly couldn’t be bothered. There’s a link to the entire thing here but it’s time to take a look at my selections and predictions and see how we fared.

First of all the three absolute locks I picked for the top ten. In the least surprising result in history all three of them (Take Me Out, Scar and Black fucking Betty) made it, finishing 1st, 2nd and 5th respectively. No surprises there. No real arguments either - other than Black Betty - the other two might not have been my thing but at least they enjoyed wide ranging appeal across the year rather than two minutes of bandwagon popularity. What about my selections?

The White Stripes - Jolene (10th)
Modest Mouse - Float On (11th)
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama (23rd)
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb (92nd)
Har Mar Superstar - DUI (Didn’t make it)
Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart (Nup)
Goldie Lookin’ Chain - Guns Don’t Kill People, Rappers Do (Possibly #101)
Le Tigre - TKO (No show)
The Rakes - Strasbourg (Never a chance)
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot (Even less..)

Glad I didn’t bother to listen if only four of my picks cracked the list.

No comments: