Friday 28 March 2003

If you read my Retro Rants and decided that I was a thoroughly disagreeable little shit at 14 you'd be right. The bad news is that this letter from yesterday's Age Green Guide proves that the new crop of promising youngsters are just as bad, or worse.

Forced diet of history

Could the ABC and SBS stop running history progams - my parents' favourite - during prime time? This stops me from watching good shows on commercial networks and I won't stand for it. The other night, thanks to the ABC, I was forced to learn what King Henry VIII ate instead of watching Always Greener on Seven and Skithouse on Ten. Should the ABC and SBS want to show these programs, show them in the afternoon while my parents are at work so I can enjoy prime time TV.

Dylan Leach, 14, Brunswick

Now I might have said some stupid things in the past, but publically expressing a desire to watch awful sketch comedy on Network 10 was not amongst them. At the risk of sounding like a washed-up old man young Dylan could probably learn more watching shonky documentaries than he ever will at school.

And what about the whole "forced" to watch thing? Maybe he could try, you know, studying? Kids these days.

On the other hand, get the kid his own blog - he could provide me with endless entertainment.

No comments: