Friday 28 February 2003

Oh, and didn't I piss myself laughing when I saw the bowling figures from Australia's record breaking win against Namibia this morning? For those of you who haven't seen them let's do a quick review shall we?

Glenn McGrath 7 overs, 7 wickets for 15 runs (2 wides)
Andy Bichel 1 over, 2 wickets for 0 runs
Brett Lee 6 overs, 1 wicket for 26 runs (5 no balls)

So, that Glenn McGrath performance was pretty special eh? You'd hate to be the dud who got flogged by a team that barely made 40 in their innings wouldn't you? WOULDN'T YOU? Ha ha ha ha ha, excuse me while I regain some composure.

Now, please try and explain to me just why Lee is Australia's "most exciting bowling prospect in years" (copyright - everyone). I predicted a long time ago that he would be too useless to even make an impact against the second worst ranked side in the competition and it looks like I was right. And don't start claiming his wickets against India were any good, both of them involved idiots swinging at balls that would have been called wide anyway.

Dear Jebus,

Please let him cost Australia the World Cup final against New Zealand.

Yours sincerely,

Adam from Auckland.

UPDATE - Duncan is my brother in marketing tool related skeptiscm. I feel like i'm a member of the Conspiracy Theory Society or something. Can you see the episode of the ACB version of the X-Files now? (No, I don't care that it's been axed)

Mulder: "We're recieving strange reports of up to two individuals not believing our hype about Brett Lee being the greatest bowler since Lillee"
Scully: "Dear god! We better arrange for a few more teenage girls to publicly swoon over him and we must organise a starring gig in a couple more crappy cereal ads or we'll never get a crowd next summer."

No comments: