Monday 24 February 2003

I've been writing a lot recently about how I hate Telstra Dome, so in the biggest cosmic "up yours" in history i've just spent a whole day staring out a window at the horrible place. I could have chosen to sit somewhere else, but then I wouldn't have had the drama and excitement of the Spencer Street rail yards to look out on.

Further inspection of it's structure still shows a distinct lack of domeness (that's a word now i've decided). The beams on the roof try to make it look like one, but without much success. I guess they'd run out of names after Telstra Stadium and Telstra Park were already taken. What's wrong with the Telstra Arena? Idiots. They have a Dunkin' Donuts Arena in Rochester, NH - that's an exciting trend in corporate sponsorship. I'd like to one day be able to watch AFL at Copperart Park.

Anyway, we had to do a customer service course today. It was all pretty much stating the obvious (don't tell annoying old ladies to hurry up and die etc..) but I did have a chance to impress the world with my acting skills when taking part in one of those normally tedious roleplay things they always make you do. We had to do something "the wrong" way so I decided that I was going to be the worker who gets belted by an irate customer. Suffice to say the way I took the punch and my subsequent death scene was extremely well received, and would have brought a proud tear to the eye of any professional wrestler who observed.

P.S - I bet you can't tell I wrote the last three posts while I was waiting for Blogger to stop doing maintenance can you?

No comments: