On a similar note we now find ourselves asking what is the Worst Rock Song Ever. Of course the hillbillies who vote there nominate sadly-underappreciated tunes like The Final Countdown, so what would they know?
Let's broaden the base a bit and go for Worst Song Ever in any category. I hereby nominate the following,
* Believe (Cher) <--- My #1 preference.
* Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)
* Does Your Mother Know? (ABBA) <-- It's the one where the guys sing, and it's fricking awful.
* Rapture (Blondie)
* Winds of Change (The Scorpions)
* I Wanna Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
* Informer (Snow)
* All Out Of Love (Air Supply)
* More Than A Woman (Bee Gees) <-- Kick a man while he's down.
* Shiny Happy People (REM)
* Remember the Days of the Old School Yard (Cat Stevens)
* Peace Train (Cat Stevens)
* Sk8er Boi (Avril F'ing Lavigne)
* Bi (Living Colour)
* Sweat (Inner Circle) <-- The most offensive song ever, and yet kiddies were singing it up and down the country in 1993/94.
And god damn it, so many others that don't readily come to mind at the moment.
Of course, you may love more than one of these with all your heart - and then you have every right in the world to come around and kick my head in.