Tuesday 4 February 2003

Coming soon to a fridge near you, the Paranoia Magnet. I'm comforted by the fact that the next time I open my Kelvinator and find nothing but three week old lettuce and a jar containing substances of unknown origin that Steve Leibman and his funky crew of trained conspiracy theorists will be ready to recieve my call at any time of the day and talk me through the impending crisis.

Incidentally I heard a speaker tonight who spent twenty minutes saying why there should be a war on Iraq and then ruined all his good work by claiming that the main reason to attack is because Hussein and Iraq are the only people possesing weapons of mass destruction that have ever used them.

I think he's forgetting the little matter of two Japanese cities almost being wiped off the face of the planet in 1945, and the tons of various chemical junk the US poured over half of South-East Asia during the Vietnam War. I realise conflict is inevitable, and in a lot of ways i'm in favour of it but do we really have to indulge in such hypocrisy?

Bugger this "finding weapons" caper, let's just say Saddam has committed crimes against humanity and he must face justice. Simple but true. Then you can start your little war and get it over with ASAP. I simply won't buy this "going into exile" crap either (unless they nick him the moment he lands in another country). Either do your best to bring him to trial for his crimes or forget the whole thing.

War, what is it good for? Topics to blog on. Say it again!

No comments: