Thursday 13 February 2003

So, i'm hungry and tired. I haven't slept for a day, and i've spent the best part of the last 12 hours wandering around city streets aimlessly (sober no less) but I don't care because i've seen Australia DO England 3-1 and for the first time ever i'm proud to be an Aussie soccer fan.

Watched it on the big screen at Federation Square with a sizeable crowd. I'm still suspicious of these Green and Gold Army types who follow the national teams but not local club sides but I must admit they put on a good show today.

And to put the massive exclamation mark on the day I had a minor disagreement with some punk idiot and then ten minutes later saw him getting arrested at Flinders Street. Unfortunately my complete lack of energy precluded me from serenading it with a good old fashioned chorus of "you're going home in the back of a divvy van".

Now, if you enjoyed watching that game for gods sake come and watch the NSL - if I haven't been bashed by now you probably won't be either.

No comments: