Sunday 18 May 2003

Well, it looks like I owe a certain Colonel a public apology. Due to unforseen technical difficulties (i.e the fact that I can't read a calendar) it turns out that Colonel's Day was today.

By the time I made it down to one of their fine family restaurants (Can I have some free chicken please?) all the festivities were over but eyewitness reports from those there earlier in the day mentioned face-painting, the handing out of expired coupons and a man piss-farting around in a chicken suit. I must, of course, question the morality of promoting a fast-food outlet with a jolly character representing the animals your food is made out of, but that's just me.

Of course you could be nasty and say that it's the closest thing they've had to a real chicken in KFC for years (there goes my free food) but that'd probably get you sued. So don't.

No comments: