Monday 19 May 2003

No posting in the last couple of days because Telstra are fixing my absolutely FARKED phone line. I kept getting crossed lines with other people in my block of flats and if I'm lucky enough to actually manage a connection to the net I can't get a half sensible speed. I'm on at 7,200bps at the moment. I thought my 1996-1999 modem of 14,000 was slow but this is absolutely ridiculous.

I also get booted every two or three minutes thanks to the ear splitting amount of line noise going on. Telstra told me yesterday afternoon that it would be fixed by "close of business" Tuesday. So presumably I'll still be out of action until September.

Apologies are owed to Iprimus for blaming them the other night. They're owed, but I'm not going to give them.

Update - I got booted before I could post this and now I've cracked 24,000bps. It's like stepping up from 1986 to 1996. Now, let's see whether I can open Blogger and post this before I get disconnected again.

Update 2 - Erm, the answer is no. Bootage within a minute. Back to 4,800bps as well.

No comments: