Thursday 17 July 2003

Strange people create new TSP record

I don't know what the secret to creating one is, but we've got the fourth "internet search juggernaut" in TSP history.

First it was unseemly rumors about David Beckham, then perverts looking for pictures of the Joe Millionare contestant's bondage movie and a few months back the short-lived trailer-trash icon Bubb Rubb craze which provided us with the record amount of hits in a day way back on February 17th.

I suspect the answer may be to blog about a subject weird enough for perverts and nerdlingers to search for it, but not mainstream enough to have appeared on evey second website in the world and clutter up the search results.

Now hundreds (well a couple of hundred anyway) have come searching for information on the perverted "Shoot a naked chick" game currently being played in America that I posted abouta few days ago. I'm always pleased to see hits go through the roof for whatever reason, but you've got to wonder just how many sick freaks there are in the world when this sort of thing can dominate search engine traffic so commandingly.

One day I'd like to shatter the record for most hits in one day for something witty and intelligent I said being posted on one of the world's most read blogs. I won't hold my breath.

No comments: