Tuesday 30 December 2003

Something rotten in the city of Port Phillip

There is definately something rancid, and just plain WRONG going on in Albert Park Lake. I walked down to Bob Jane Stadium tonight to watch a friendly between South Melbourne and the Fijian Olympic team (Yes, I am sad. South won 1-0) and at a couple of points along Lakeside Drive the smell of the nasty looking water is so disgusting that I almost threw up.

My favourite bit, though, was outside the restaurant where they'd thrown all these bread rolls into the water to presumably be eaten by the birds and they were all pathetically floating on the surface being totally ignored. I don't blame the birds, I wouldn't have eaten anything that came out of that FOUL water either.

Oh, and it would cut a good 20 minutes off my walking if they left that bridge they have at the GP which lets you walk right across the middle of the lake. Fuck the boating community, I want a 30 minute walk not 50.

No comments: