Friday 13 December 2002

Well, well, well

In the greatest upset in modern cinema history the new Bond film is actually quite good (although you'd never believe it from the whining shit who reviews it on IMDB). I went in expecting more of the complete crap the rest of the Brosnan films (now who's the whining shit eh?) have served up but I was pleasantly surprised. It's amazing how much better you can make the lead actor look when you provide a decent plotline and interesting characters. Halle Berry actually ads some class to the Bond Girl role, which has been tarnished in recent years by pissy choices like Terri Hatcher and Denise Richards.

The only notable lowpoints are the laughably awful theme song by Ms.Sex Grandma herself Madonna (marring a perfectly good title sequence), and then to really rub it in a cameo by her as well. Almost made me forget how much i'd been enjoying myself until then.

After that cinematic abortion The World Is Not Enough I was calling for the series to be tossed in the trash can. I guess there's life in the old girl yet, though I expect this might be the last great hurrah.

Mind you (hint, hint) if they were to kill the series now they'd be going out on a high. Sorry, I forget there's money to be made - so carry on.

No comments: