Monday 30 December 2002

My favourite hippy Hot Buttered Death doesn't like the Paranoia Hotline either. Good for him!

I heard last night that it had already recieved 700 calls. I'm willing to bet that 95% of them were people asking the cops to come and deport their arab neighbours for "eating strange food and playing music".

The worst thing about this glorified call-centre is that it's at a hidden location, and none of the staff can be identified. So, what they're worried about is a terrorist strike on the hotline that we use to inform the government about possible terror. GET REAL.

I wonder if they make you wait on the line for 25 minutes like Telstra do when you call them? Even better, they might use the same flawed voice recognition software.

"Please state the name of your terrorist activity"
"There are some arabs out the back of my flats"
"Did you say you wanted ASIO to raid somebody's home because they're a godless heathen? We will, thanks for calling"

This is going to give me enough material to keep going for weeks.

No comments: