Wednesday 4 December 2002

I went to a South Melbourne-Australian U20's friendly match last night. Pissweak crowd of about 500 (considering it was free) and an ordinary game (South 1-0 for those keeping score).

On the way home I swear I got the saddest carriage ever seen on public transport.

a) There was a guy sitting opposite me, staring and obviously trying to start something. He was wearing a backwards hat, a jacket pulled up over half his face and was listening to Eminem at full volume. I was really trying hard not to laugh 'cos I worried he'd jump over and stab me or something

b) Some guy sitting behind me was intently telling his wife that the problem with Croydon was that there were 'too many asians' there.

c) A bunch of pissheads with Australian soccer scarves (who i'm sure weren't at the game earlier, so I have no idea where they'd come from) were making dicks of themselves by yelling out and dropping things in the train. I'm sure people like that are why most of the South Melbourne fans hate the Australian national team and it's supporters.

d) A couple of clearly smashed people who probably thought they were on the Pakenham line or something

and a bunch of other sad depressing people - myself included.

I have never been more thankful to get out of a train in my life.

No comments: