Friday 27 December 2002

No, i'm not dead (but I were a teenage blogger i'd fill the next fifty lines telling you why I wish I was), just exhausted.

Despite my professed suspicion of cricket, and cricket fans, I went to the Boxing Day test in Melbourne yesterday and it made me realise that no matter how long I can watch the game on TV or listen to it on radio I cannot actually sit there and watch the thing for the whole day.

With the exception of about an hour and a half when Langer and Hayden were caning it to all parts of the ground it was tremendously boring, and I spent the last couple of hours in the TAB. The most disappointing bit of all what not getting to see Brett Lee's chucking bowling action in person.

We did, however, see a few people getting hauled away by the cops. Unfortunately then also the world's most pissed man talked to us, tried to lift a beer keg and then went in and bought himself another drink in full view of a copper without any action being taken. And they wonder why there are crowd disturbances?

Remember when somebody lobbed a frozen chicken at fatboy South African spinner Pat Symcox at the SCG a few years ago? Proves to me that they're worse than Melbourne fans.

No comments: