Tuesday 29 April 2003

Found myself in the midst of another protest today. This time it was construction workers and other general union idiots on William Street marching against Martin Kingham's court appearance. He allegedly failed to provide documents to the Royal Commission or something. No idea whether he's guilty or not, I'd rather concentrate on the fact that these people probably had something better to do - like, you know, working maybe?

The most entertaining part of the entire thing (apart from the fact that it kept us from having to do any work for three hours) was the guy in a truck singing Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up" to rally the troops. Sadly he wasn't quite sure of anything but the chorus so we got that over, and over again much to our great joy. I was going to yell out for him to do "Jamming" instead, but these peace loving people might have come over and kicked my ass.

Then we started singing "Here we go, Here we go, Here we go". I would have preferred the standard soccer version of "Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole" or "Let him die, let him die, let him die" but it was their protest, so who am I to complain?

No comments: