Thursday 17 July 2008

Phone Rage

What's the worst thing about having to ring up Telstra? 

a) The bit where you've got to tell them "in a few words" what you want, and it doesn't matter what you say you always get sent to the same people. 
b) Being on hold for two hours because either they're too cheap to hire more than 15 phone operators, or because Ethel from Niddrie is busy talking to the operator about her cat and how it's a disgrace that the kids are using her local phonebooth as a toilet. 
c) Having to listen to some cock singing "I am, you are, we are Australian" over, and over, and over again while you wait. I don't give a toss if you're Peruvian, just answer my fucking call. 

I've also noticed that the operators now answer the call with "Hi, this is X from Victoria" just so you know that they're Australian and you're not talking to Karachi. How comforting. Can we just sell this farce of a company off completely already? Thank christ all I have to do is change one address and I never have to deal with these freaks again.

No comments: