Monday 9 June 2003

Talkback hosts are morons. Shock! Horror!

FromHBD comes this tale of outrage and disgust from two of Sydney's most prominent equal rights advocates *cough*

Two gay Sydney males, who hug each other and appear to sleep in the same bed, were beaming into our living rooms via a new reality program, The Block, at the baked-beans-on-toast timeslot of 6.30pm Sunday.
That's as prime time as television gets and all this, reproved 2UE broadcasters Steve Price and John Laws, was courtesy of the trusted Nine Network.
Further, argued Price, the former Melbourne broadcaster, it was presented by kid-friendly Jamie Durie.
"I just have a query about why Channel Nine needed to include a gay couple in the mix," said Price, just after 8am last Monday. "Two blokes. Nice enough guys, I guess... [but] I can tell you that The Block will attract a lot of kids, a lot of viewers under the age of 10.
"Do I really need that conversation late on a Sunday at the end of a great weekend of relaxation? Do we really need to know these blokes like to renovate in their undies?" [...]
Last week, Price said to Laws: "Once Kerry Packer gets hold of this there's going to be trouble."
Laws: "I don't know what's happened to Kerry's taste. He probably doesn't know that's on at 6.30."


SWEET JESUS NO! They sleep in the same bed? Well, I can feel society's moral code crumbling all around us. Let's all go out and beat up a priest and burn a church down now shall we? It's called real life you bogans.

Of course Price probably needs to generate some controversy to justify his absolutely shithouse ratings. I stopped listening to talkback radio when that idiot Stan Zemanek appeared in Melbourne, and I've just realised why I never went back to listening to it when he got the sack.

You know who'd go really well on talkback radio? Me! Alert your local struggling radio station. I'll work cheap.

No comments: