Saturday 12 March 2005

I've been writing far too much about sports recently. I'd really like to comment on the great Governor-General debacle like everyone else is but the simple fact is that I don't particuarly care about it. The office is just so completely pointless to me that I can't treat it like a national crisis when something like this happens.

I've always wondered though, if the Governor-General can sack the Prime Minister and the Prime Minister can sack the Governor-General then what would happen if they both decided to fire each other? ("You're fired!" "No, YOU'RE fired") I know the Queen is involved somehow, but she's probably forgotten she even owns Australia and rubber-stamps anything put in front of her. Kerr vs Whitlam in a Texas Death Match would have been quite an attractive proposition I feel.

No comments: