Monday 10 January 2005

Incompetancy in crime

Try explaining this to your kids when you’re older. “Yes, I was going to kill you. But I accidentally chopped half my hand off and couldn’t do it. Which is great because I love you all so much and I’m glad I didn’t gas you to death”. Lunacy.

Three little boys escaped being murdered by their mum when she sliced her fingers off starting a petrol mower she planned to gas them with. The mother was involved in a bitter custody dispute with the father of the youngsters aged ten, five and four, a court was told yesterday… She put the lawnmower in the back of the family car to kill the kids, of Denbigh, North Wales, with the fumes. But as she started the machine she sliced off two fingers, a Mold Crown Court judge heard. The 32-year-old - who cannot be named for legal reasons - pleaded guilty to three counts of attempted murder

Of course regular disclaimers apply given that the story comes from the Sun (English version), a paper whose website has so much tit I can’t even open it on my work computer for fear of being cast out. Given their track record for beating stories up she was probably just going out to mow the lawn.

Assuming that it’s all legitimate the story once more throws up evidence of what a bunch of twats humans are. How many times do you see one of these murder-suicide things with parents murdering their own children just to make some sort of twisted, fucked-up point to their estranged partner. How evil is that? Sounds wrong to say it but if you’re going down this path anyway why not just kill the other person? Wouldn’t that cut out the middleman and get right to where you’re trying to go? I can’t understand why you’d want to bring the kids into it. It’s not their fault that you bred despite the fact that your relationship was a walking timebomb and you were clearly not sane enough to raise children.

Pah. Odds on that if I ever sell out on my lifelong commitment never to breed I’ll do it with some bunny-boiler like this. Get your bets on now.

No comments: